Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My So-Called Opinions Response

I think millennials have become so exposed to all of the injustices in society and aware of the underlying oppressive structure of authority that we really just get tiredt. The white boy in my linguistics class lets me know he "doesn't find black women sexually attractive", that he's not racist, that's it's just the way he was raised. I have no problem ignoring him and moving about my day without a second thought. When did it become my responsibility to convince this stranger that it's wrong to put me in this box of unworthiness just because of the color of my skin or the origins of my features? If the author chooses to believe that finding that statement offensive is a consequence of being socially aware then so be it. Zachary Fine should change the group of millennials he is referring to "white millennials".

No comments:

Post a Comment